Friday 27 October 2017

Week 3-5

This week has involved even more lectures. This time, more in depth with biochemistry and physiology.

Lectures are quite interesting, because they are a completely new style of teaching I would say - unless of course you're postgraduate.

You're in a hall of around 200+ students, all facing the lecturer below. They have a slideshow, usually, that is displaying all of the content. Luckily for me, our university posts all of the forthcoming lectures up prematurely which means we can print them or read ahead before. That's my method of learning to be honest, I'll print the lectures out at the beginning and take them with me to annotate.

That's how I've been filing all of my notes. I've bought larger lever arch folders for each topic, and will stick into them my annotated lecture notes. Any lectures I've missed, I will catch up online by annotating the lecture slides and then filing them away appropriately.

My friends have different ways of learning, such as taking their laptop into the lecture and typing up their notes as the lecturer is speaking. This is another common way of learning in a lecture hall.

However, bare in mind this is very university-dependent. My friends who are attending other universities and not doing medicine, they say that all of their lectures are not recorded and available for catch up at any time. So, if you miss a lecture...you miss a lecture. Bare this in mind whilst you're doing your research.


Another item I would recommend you buy whilst your packing for university... a portable charger! Oh my gosh, I couldn't have lived without it in the beginning of this term! You're constantly using your phone for maps or social media so please make sure you pack one as you don't want to be caught in the middle of your city centre with a dead phone.

And of course, going to the pub is amazing. Especially drinking from a plastic cup haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment