Monday 21 August 2017

MOOCs

MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course and I recommend you complete at least one of these! They’re short, they’re fun and they’re interesting. You basically teach yourself something on the side that may be beyond the specification (meaning you are indirectly wider reading!)

You login, dedicate 15 minutes or so a day on learning new things, complete an online test and move to the next screen. But there are so many MOOCs available. So if you’re interested in drugs, mental health, paediatric health, oncology or neurology – there is a MOOC out there for you!

I completed a MOOC on cancer biology which was being run by the university I applied to, so I used this to further my knowledge. Not only did it compensate my own knowledge, but it “fuelled that passion for Medicine” and I could use it for research in my EPQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment