Tuesday 22 August 2017

Work Experience Tip and Year 12 Wrap-Up!

LITTLE WORK EXPERIENCE TIP

One little thing I came across online was about the comparison of GP surgeries to the hospital. I would definitely read around this topic as it is a common interview question.

My best recommendation – do what I did. Get a feel of it yourself. I completed 5 days work experience at a GP surgery. Here, I shadowed GPs and sat in while they observed and dealt with patients. I completed 5 days work experience the following week at the local Hospital on the cancer ward.

From doing this, I had my own opinion of the differences between GPs and hospitals.


WRAP UP

The main thing I want you to take from the past few posts is that Year 12 may not be your “academically most special” time as you will have no Year 12 summer exams, I would spend this time building up your portfolio of extra-curricular activities and filling in that experience journal.

Before you know it, here comes Year 13. Your deadline will be in October-ish, so make sure you have some universties lined up. Use the summer to take advantage of open days that are being ran by your chosen universities. Remember the deadline for Oxbridge (University of Oxford and University of Cambridge) and Medicine, Vetenary Sciences and Dentistry are all earlier (October-ish) compared to everyone else’s UCAS deadline

No comments:

Post a Comment